If you are planning a trip to St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands and are wondering about Covid-19 you have come to the right place. From Covid-19 testing to Covid-19 restrictions on St Thomas and Covid-19 protocols on St Thomas we have put together a list of everything you need to know.
Covid-19 Testing When Traveling to St Thomas
Anyone flying into St Thomas MUST have a Covid-19 test within 5 days of traveling. This includes everyone flying 5 years or older. And your negative test results must be uploaded to the USVI Travel Portal. Many people worry they will not get their tests back in time and this has been the case for some travelers.
I Did Not Get My Covid Tests Result Back in Time
If you have been tested but have not received your results you will be taken into a special room in St Thomas to complete additional information. And you will be required to quarantine until you receive your negative test results at your hotel or vacation rental.
When You Arrive in St Thomas
Every person arriving in St Thomas will have their temperature taken at the airport. They will require you to prove you have taken a Covid-19 Test.
Travelers are required to provide either:
- a COVID-19 antigen (molecular/PCR/rapid) test taken and negative result received (both within five days of commencement of travel to the Territory), OR
- a COVID-19 antibody test taken and positive result received (both within four months of commencement of travel to the Territory)
Upon arrival in St Thomas, you must produce your original test result and travel certification received from the Travel Screening Portal.
Covid-19 Protocols on St Thomas
- Bars are closed.
- Restaurants are at 50% capacity.
- You cannot sit at a bar even at a restaurant.
- Live music has been banned until November 6th.
- Masks must be worn to enter all hotels, restaurants and stores. You may remove your mask when sitting at a table to eat.
- Small retail stores are limited to 10 people. Store staff will wear masks at all times.
- Larger retail stores and grocery stores are limited based on size.
- The BVIs are closed so if you are planning a charter boat understand you cannot travel to the British Virgin Islands from St Thomas.
Renaissance Jewelers and Covid-19
Information on St Thomas and Covid-19 has been mixed and sometimes confusing. And rules and protocols change frequently. We wanted to put together a list to hopefully help those visiting understand the Covid-19 rules more clearly. Of course, we have added all the necessary enhanced cleaning and social distancing protocols at our store. If you are looking for duty-free jewelry while visiting please stop by. Know that we take your health concerns seriously. You can rest assured our store and products are cleaned and sanitized regularly and our friendly staff will be required wearing masks. Hopefully you will see the smile in our eyes when we greet you. Just look for the bright green sign!